An angler's journal

An angler's journal

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Summer catch up

After a summer break, I have spent the last two weeks catching up by fishing the Warks Avon and the middle Severn. I've fished some lesser known stretches as well as some more popular beats and pleasingly caught at them all. There's a satisfying feeling to catch when everyone else is reporting blanks. I was greeted by one chap on the Severn who told me I was wasting my time as seven anglers had caught about six fish between them. I always prefer to find out for myself.

As for the fishing,  I have continued to find barbel although a double still eludes me so far this summer. Chub have been plentiful and one 4 pounder gave me an epic battle even on barbel gear. Perch were the main target on the Severn and I found some nice fish over a pound as well as a few barbel, a pike and plenty of silver fish.  All great fun. Now my attention turns to finding a double figure barbel. Wish me luck!










No comments:

Post a Comment